Many Aussie men find it interesting and exciting to date exotic and lovely Asian women, and some gentlemen ask me how to take down the cultural barriers and make dating more fun and smooth. To help you to learn about Asian dating cultures, I have listed the following cultural tips that are related to dating and relationship. Asian cultures are the products of their history. The more you know of their history and culture, the easier when it comes to dating and romance.
1. During first or second dates, many Asian ladies are still a little shy and would like to be chased by men rather than initiating moves. If they do write to you first, please be encouraging, polite and responsive.
2. Good financial status means security, which is important for the relationship to Asian ladies. It is totally different from being materialistic.
3. If she has a good command of English from an Asian background, she is normally well educated.
4. If she speaks limited English, it doesn’t necessarily mean her English is poor. It could be that she has had no chance to practice in her daily life. Be patient, she will pick it up soon as you communicate more with her.
5. Please let her know your feeling in dating, because some Asian ladies don’t ask you directly.
6. Some Asian ladies may not be always so punctual, or not good at booking appointments ahead. Please give her a chance to learn the Western way on timing and booking.
7. In a date, men are expected to pay for dinners, shows, and other expenses. Sharing the cost is too advanced a manner for her during dating, especially in early stages of dating.
8. Some Asian ladies are allergic to alcohol due to genetic reasons, therefore, for either social occasions or for a date, going out for dinner is strongly recommended and is more formal instead of going out for a drink.
9. Asian ladies show their feelings in an elegant and indirect way. They may love you very much, but not telling you or showing it on the surface.
10. Most Asian ladies show their love by looking after you, e.g. your outfit, your food, your health and etc. It doesn’t mean that she wants to control your life.
11. If your girlfriend helps you to tidy up your room on her visit or look after you when you are sick, it means that she loves you and wants to do something for you. Do not feel offended, she has a good intention.
12. Asking about people’s health and looking after her when she is unwell is one of the important ways to show your concern and love to her.
Cross cultural relationship can be exciting, and at the same time, it can be challenging too. But when there is genuine wish and sincere feelings, all lumps and humps can be overcome!